They may not be as bizarre as Kim Kardashian's Vampire Facial, but here are our favorite tried-and-true (and not-so-strange) beauty hacks to help simplify your life!
- Put makeup wipes next to your bed. Now you have no excuse to sleep in your makeup!
- Take a wide-tooth comb into the shower and detangle while conditioner is in your hair. We promise this makes the rest of your hair routine run MUCH smoother.
- Mix in a bit of peppermint oil with your lip gloss to add more plump to your pout.
- Make waves while you sleep: before bed, work a texturizing cream (we love Bumble's Bb. Texture Hair(un)dressing Creme) into hair, create two braids. Once you've given yourself a few more minutes of beauty sleep in the morning, undo braids, fluff with fingers, and out the door you go.
- Invest in products that multitask. For example, jane iredale's Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream covers blemishes, minimizes pores, disguises wrinkles and smoothes, brightens skin AND Contains broad spectrum sunscreen with SPF 25 UVB/UVA. It's literally lotion, SPF, and foundation all in one!
- To make hair appear thicker instantly, lightly dust your part with eyeshadow (in a similar color as your hair).
- Going from a day to night look and need to reapply mascara? Use a bit of Vaseline with a Q-Tip to soften and refresh the layer that's already been applied. This prevents the next coat you apply from getting clumpy.
- Use coconut oil as makeup remover to gently remove makeup from skin. Have you heard about all crazy things coconut oil can do for you?!
- To make eyeshadow pop, cover your lid with white shadow first, then apply as usual. Also try applying white eyeliner on the lower lash line to make eyes look brighter and larger.
- For matte lips, after applying lipstick, place a tissue over your lips, brush with translucent powder and voilà! Plus, this will also help color stay longer (double win).
- Dust lashes with baby powder before applying mascara for a super voluptuous look. Some go as far to say this will create "better than falsies" lashes!
- And the most life changing hack of all is how you're applying your concealer all wrong. To truly hide those dark circles, draw a triangle with concealer. The base being under your eye and the point toward your cheek. Why does this work? It draws the focus up to you eyes instead of the skin underneath them!
What are you favorite beauty hacks? Share them with us in the comments below!